Tuesday, June 24, 2014


Perfect!


Lately I seem to be lucky in terms of camera cases.

Today, I found the perfect little everready case for my Fuji X100.
I was looking for the perfect case for  quite a while. Since I either carry my camera together with other gear in a big bag or just take it with me without other equipment, I wanted something as small as possible just to protect it when either lying in the car or in a backpack, etc. 
Most socalled "small" carrying cases like Crumplers, Tenba, etc. are way too big for my taste, mainly due to the thick padding. And the original everready cases are usually too stiff, don't work with an attached lens shade or are simply too ugly in my opinion... .

So coincidently I found out that the old Leica CL had almost the same dimensions as the X100, being only a few milimeters shorter. So I figured, a used original CL case would probably be streched a little due to it being used.
And I was right! I ordered a used one and the camera fits perfectly in it. Unfortunately not with the lens hood attached, but put on top of the lens upside down it fits and doesn't even move when the case is closed.


The case is made of genuine raw hide and is very soft - just as I like it. The part of it where it covers the lens is reinforced with a piece of thick leather protecting the lens well enough.
And last but not least I think it looks quite classy, worthy the also classy looking X100 :-)


You can usually pick one of these up for $20.00 to $25.00 on ebay.

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.