Sunday, July 6, 2014


Panasonic Lumix LX7

I like my LX7 !
It's a great little compact to go everywhere I go. Originally bought as an addition to my Panasonic Lumix GH2 which I only use with the 100-300mm telephoto lens so the LX7 is used when I shoot video and need shorter focal lengths. 
The reason for my decision to get the LX7 despite its very small sensor were the outstanding video capabilities plus the one of a kind Leica 24-90mm f1.4 lens.

But to me the LX7 is worthy of being my everyday camera when even my Fuji X100 is too large to carry with me.

The above shot was taken at 24mm and auto bracketing with -2, 0, +2 exposures, blended in Photomatix Pro and then processed with Silver Efex Pro.


This is my video setup for the LX7. It consists of a Kamerar QV1 LCD Viewfinder attached to the camera which rests in a Gariz halfcase (to achieve a higher position of the LCD screen as well as a more centered tripod screwmount). The viewfinder delivers a bright 3x enlarged field of view and of course eliminates any daylight affecting a clear view of the LCD.
Pressing it tightly against ones eye also minimizes camera shake.


The Viewfinder can easily be folded up in order to have a normal view of the LCD...


... and can easliy be detached by means of a magnet holding it tight to its baseplate which is even Arca Swiss compatibel.


Here is my LX7 equipped with a 24mm optical Viewfinder, that I was able to get for a bargain. It's not exactly 24mm as the shortest focal length of the lens, but very bright and therefore a great gadget to achieve fast shots outside even in bright sunlight.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a case that fits the camera with the viewfinder attached so far... .


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.