Wednesday, July 2, 2014


Big Brother!


Found an old Fujica GM670 rangefinder body in the used department of a local camera dealer.
For those of you who don't know, this is an old film camera producing 6x7 negatives on 120/220 roll film.
I have no intentions on going back to analogue photography, but I have always been impressed by those sturdy Fujica rangefinder cameras. They've also produced a 6x9 version, the GL690. Both used the same lenses, as far as I remember there weren't too many (a 65mm wideangle, a 100mm standard lens, and 150mm and 180mm telephoto lenses), all being leaf-shutter lenses.

In comparison to my X Pro 1 it's huge as you can see in the picture. I wonder how back in the days some candid street photography had been possible with such a monster ... ;-)

Unfortunately, the dealer only had the body, but it was dirtcheap and in nearly mint condition, so I didn't hesitate and bought it from the spot!
Even though I have no intentions using it and keeping it for displaying purposes only, I do wish I could find an inexpensive lens to go with it... .

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.