Thursday, August 14, 2014


Perfect match... ?


Some might remember that I got me an old Olympus Pen-F Zuiko 40/1.4 which I adapted to my X-Pro 1.

Even though this is a very sharp lens and due to the fact that it was originally made to cover an area of only 18x24mm, hence almost perfectly covering the APS-C sensor of the X-Pro, I wasn't really excited about the manual focussing abilities of that camera (missing a focus peaking function).

Therefore I wanted to part with it but haven't been able to find a buyer who was willing to pay the value of this superb lens... :-(

So a while ago I ordered an MFT -> Pen-F adapter to find out how the lens performs on my GM1.
It finally arrived and I have to say, that I'm quite happy with the result. Not only does it match the little bode of the GM1 better than that of the X-Pro, focussing is also much easier with the Panasonic.

I still have to take it out in the "field" to do some more than only a few test shots. Then I'll decide whether  I eventually keep it or keep looking for a buyer and maybe get an Olympus MFT 45/1.8.

I'll keep you posted :-)



To be continued...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.