Thursday, August 28, 2014


Monster!


I fullfilled myself a childhood dream and aquired a Leitz Telyt R 5.6 560mm lens.
Adapted to Micro 4/3 you get an impressive focal length of 1120mm with an aperture of 5.6 (!). The downside is, it's very big and heavy and it totally dwarfs the GM1 as you can see in the pictures.
But I like it!

It came with a shoulder stock, but I don't see much use of it since the lens is so heavy one needs to be bodybuilder to use it without a tripod. The latter needs to be a very sturdy one. In my case I use my good old Cullmann Titan with a heavy ballhead.

Another downside is the minimum focussing distance of about 20 ft. For some wildlife photography this just isn't close enough. I guess, I'll have to find some sort of extension tube to get closer.

Focussing is a pleasure with its Televit® rapid focus device. As for camera shake, there is non, since the GM1 has an electronic shutter and with 5.6 I should be able to get shutter speeds of 1/1000s or faster.
I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but as soon as I do, I will post pictures here.


to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post you comments and let me know what you think of my blog.